Who we are
What data we collect and why we collect it
We collect and process personal information about you with your consent or as necessary to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your name, email address, social media identity, postal address, phone number, fax number, demographics and other information you provide us on our Services. We also collect credit card numbers if you purchase our products on our website or through other Services. Some Services may not be available or function correctly if you are not willing to provide personal information. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services.
We gather certain information automatically to analyze trends and administer our websites and other Services. This information may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address (or the proxy server you use to access the internet), device and application identification numbers, your location, browser type and language, your internet service provider or mobile carrier, the pages, files, and videos you viewed, your searches, your operating system and system configuration information, and date and time stamps associated with your usage. When you visit our websites we also automatically receive the URL of the website from which you came and the website to which you go when you leave our website.
Analytics. Third parties who provide us with analytics services for the Services may also automatically collect some of the information described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type and language, device type, device identifiers, and Wi-Fi information. Please consult the respective privacy policies and statements of these third parties for more information, including how Google Analytics, Active Campaign and other marketing services use this data.
Advertising. Other third parties, including advertisers and ad-related services, may also automatically collect the above information about you through the Services and on other sites and services, including personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online services, and applications when you use our Services. Some third parties help us and others associate your activities across the browsers and devices you use, for retargeting, cross-device advertising, analytics, and measurement purposes. Some third parties, such as Google AdWords, may also collect information on behalf of us and others for online advertising purposes and to provide to us and others statistics about users of our websites and other Services.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in our Services or in connection with our Services. For example, we may use your information to:
- operate and improve our internal operations, systems, and Services;
- understand you and your preferences to improve your experience and enjoyment using our Services;
- respond to your comments, questions, and support queries, and provide customer service;
- provide the Services you request, whether you request them directly from us or from one of our channel partners;
- provide our channel partners with information to facilitate their provision of Services to you as resellers;
- send you and channel partners information related to Services such as confirmations, invoices, expiration and renewal notices, technical notices, Service updates and security feeds, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new products and services, upcoming events, promotions, rewards, and other news about products and services offered by bluedog and our selected partners;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service; and
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies;
- with our channel partners such as resellers so they can provide Services to you;
- with third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified information.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
bluedog takes reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We maintain primary data centres in the UK. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this Policy is processed according to the provisions of this policy and applicable law wherever the data is located.
When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection, we refer to the UK Data Protection Act, published May 23rd 2018, in an effort to help ensure your rights and protections.
Third parties engaged by bluedog to process personal data and any of our affiliates receiving personal data must also provide adequate protections for the personal data that are no less protective than those set out in this policy.
We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
bluedog has responsibility for the processing of personal information it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party.
STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide services requested by you, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine retention include:
- How long is the personal information needed to provide applicable services? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of the Services, enabling system security measures, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records.
- Do users provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it? In such cases, we may maintain the data until actively deleted by the user.
- Is the personal information of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time may be appropriate.
- Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data? Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction,government orders to preserve data, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
If you wish to ask for access, correction, or deletion of any of your personal information held by us or a change in the way we use your information, please contact email@example.com. However, we may decline requests that are unreasonable, prohibited by law, or are not required to be honored by applicable law.
You can opt out of receiving promotional emails from bluedog by following the instructions in those emails. You can also manage your email contact preferences. However, if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You can also send requests about changes to your information or your contact preferences, including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to remove cookies from within your browser, or set your browser to block all cookies, all third-party cookies, or particular cookies. If you choose to remove or block cookies, this can disable or otherwise affect certain features or services of our websites.
There are web browser signals and other mechanisms (for example, “Do Not Track” settings) that can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and, while we and others give you choices described in this Policy, we do not currently honor these mechanisms.
You can read our GDPR Statement here.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
bluedog may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date above or by providing such notice about or obtaining consent to changes as may be required by applicable law.